Tuesday, August 22, 2006

We're home...some pictures

Do you know what it's like to have 1 million thoughts going through your head that you'd really like to "blog" about but you don't have time? It's been the craziest summer I have ever had and it doesn't stop just because we are home! This summer was going to be our summer to organize our lives and fix things we've been putting off for 5 years. LOL When we left back in June we had just gotten our new furniture in and were in the middle of painting, well, finishing painting, and a multitude of other things. Needless to say, the house looked like a tornado whipped through it and we had to come home to "the pit". There is honestly 3 inches of dirt in every room because we had to leave windows open for the cats and, since our little part of the northwestern world had some of the hottest days EVER in history of this area while we were gone, Sonya had to keep windows opened for us. UGH. Dusty little town. We've been home for almost 6 days and I don't feel like I've made a dent.

We had quite a journey home. We decided the boys needed a little treat for being so good while we were away and took them to Disneyland. From Indy to Disney was quite a trip! The highlight was getting to stop in Oklahoma City to see my nephew that I hadn't seen in years. Once we hit California, it was 3 days of Disney non-stop - holy sore feet. The boys had a blast, which is the most important thing. They even got to have a birthday party with Pat E. Cake and Mickey and Minnie! (side note: How many birthdays does one child need? Well, I don't know about need, but Liam got 3 this year!) The party was so neat - each person was given their own little cake to decorate in a Mickey Mouse plate - each ear contained things to decorate with - then they were "judged" (i.e. everyone had the "best" cake. LOL). Conor won the distinction of the messiest face...and hands...and arms...and even feet! Conor has a complete and total crush on one Ms. Minnie Mouse. He practically melted when he saw her. LOL

Besides being tiring and a bit frustrating (there were a few little meltdowns when we had to wait in lines), Disney was wonderful and I will never forget how the boys looked everytime they discovered something new.

After Disney we headed north and spent a wonderful evening in San Simeon, CA. We stayed on the beach and it was breathtaking! The next day we headed to my new favorite spot in the world - Monterey. I love that little town - Cannery Row is just a fun time. OK, so I'm assuming how much fun it is because I had two little boys with me that didn't want mommy and daddy to enjoy it too much and offered up many fits. After Monterey we went to San Fransico and spent 2 nights - again, I'm sure it would have been a blast but the boys didn't want to do the things I did - shopping! LOL We did get to take a tour in one of the trollies and the ride was wonderful. Definitely a place I want to go back to one day. Then we were off to Vancouver for two days - Back in Canada and beautiful British Columbia. The boys had a wonderful time collecting rocks and shells on the beach.

It was a LONG trip home, but I wouldn't change it for anything. Here are a few pictures from our trip home and a couple from our time in Indy:







My sisters and I














My parents, sisters and their spouses and Glenn and I












Pluto and Liam












Liam showing off his new ears













Conor in his party hat













Pat E. Cake - Our host for the birthday party











Daddy in his party hat












Liam in his pre-party pout (he wasn't sure about the whole meeting Minnie and Mickey thing)











Conor and daddy decorating their cakes











Liam and I decorating our masterpieces...ummm, I mean cakes











The boys and I with Minnie and Mickey










I have a ton more to post but it will have to wait until I don't have two little boys standing at my knee yelling for food. LOL I hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

Ernie Hendrix said...

Well you can no longer say that "I've got a blog that nobody reads" cause I just read it. And now I wanta go to DisneyWorld (much closer to me than Disney Land).

Ernie (a/k/a simplyred)

Beth said...

Hey Sus, glad to have ya back. Missed reading your blog. I am glad your dad is doing much better. I need a trip like ya'll had. Me in California with 2 preteen girls. No Way!! LOL. Cricket is doing good, She has adjusted to the family well. I know what you mean about the boys starting school. After the initial shock wears off, you actually start enjoying the time you have to yourself. I know I sure do. {{{{HUGS}}}} Beth