Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Party - Take Two

Oiy, I'm tired! Yes, we've been to all 3 parties now, but I haven't transfered the pictures from party #3 to my computer yet, sooooooo this post is all about #2.

Party #2 was on Saturday and was put on by the Chamber of Commerce and held at the NP Gymnastics Association. Of course the boys loved the fact that they got to have an hour of unstructured gymnastic time where they could run like wild bohemians around to each apparatice and PLAY. It was a little disorganized for my taste - too many children being unsupervised and acting like crazy children. One little girl was of the attitude that she was entitled to do whatever she wanted and if someone got hurt in the process it was their problem - she was only around 4 or 5, but I never did see a parent anywhere around. Several times I literally caught her in mid-air before she landed on some other (usually) smaller child. It was a bit nuts! Then they had the kids come out of the gym and into the "snack" area where they gave them...I kid you not...a prepackaged Rice Krispie Treat and a juice box AND made them wait almost 40 minutes until Santa got there. 40 minutes in a room as big as my living room with about 30 children under the age of 8! Pure and utter chaos!

All that being said, Santa more than made up for the chaos! He was AWESOME! Conor was totally awestruck and sat in the front row like a champ when his brother and buddy both got called up within the first 10 kids and he was almost last! I was able to get a couple of terrific pictures of the boys with the Jolly one. A true Christmas miracle! LOL They each got a pretty cool present from Santa - Liam an instrument set that had a Drum, Tamberine, Harmonica, Marroca's (sp?), a Recorder and an industrial size whistle (which they seriously could have left out! LOL). Conor got a set of balls - a football, basketball and soccerball and a set of plastic animals which he LOVES!

I guess the fact that the boys had a blast is really all that matters! I think they may go into withdrawal now that the party's are all done! LOL

Oh, and the fact that I got 2 great pictures of me with my little men. Cute, huh?

IN SCRAPPING NEWS:

I am very happy to announce that I got invited to be on another awesome Creative Team. I'm now on the team for Rebecca Lynn Studio's (see side notes). It's very exciting for me!

Here are 2 new pages I've done:

Credits can be seen here

Check back tomorrow - I'll have update for Party #3 and tons of pictures!

Love and (((HUGS))) to everyone!

1 comment:

Admin said...

loved the pics..does the little MEN have any galfriends??