Friday, February 02, 2007

And the 3rd time is a charm!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

GO COLTS GO!!!

Believe it or not this is the 3rd attempt at posting this blog. The first time I was all but finished when I got called to "come here" and Conor got to the computer and shut it off before I came back to finish. The second time, it was all done (and quite humourously, too!) except to add some pictures and blogger knocked me off. This time, pictures have been added before I post and I'm saving it at every chance I get! So, lets see if I can do this all over again...

ATTENTION: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO FOLLOW:
Folks, we have poop in the potty, I repeat, we have poop in the potty!!! Liam is pretty much 100% potty trained. We are on day 5 of completely clean, dry diapers (pull-ups), even in the morning! I am so happy with this kid! The only hurdle now is getting him to wear underwear - I even went and got some special "I went poop in the potty" underwear - they're covered with spiderman and they're boxer briefs, just like daddy's! I honestly think he's scared he may have an accident and he has told me on the few occassions that he's actually worn underwear and ended up having an accident (during potty training) that he does NOT like it when his pants get all stinky. What the heck - he's keeping dry and if it takes him a couple more weeks to give into the underwear - what's so bad about that? Can I just say how thrilled I am that he truly won't be going to kindergarten with diapers! LOL

Jelly Belly's: A confusing food for a 3 year old!
So, Glenn has this little Jelly Belly dispenser that sits on his bedside table. I got it for him for Easter one year (pre-kids) and had hidden it away when Liam came along, but he discovered it and pulled it out. Of course the boys have also discovered it and they LOVE putting pennies in daddy's candy machine and getting a handful of yummy Jelly Belly's. The other day, Glenn gave them each a penny and told them to go get some treats. Didn't have to tell them twice - they flew into the bedroom, where I was folding clothes, and got their treasures and left. A few minutes later I saw Glenn coming around the corner with that look on his face that makes me go, "Uh-oh, this isn't going to be good!". Beside him was Liam who's hand was covering his nose while his mouth was hanging open with drool dripping it's way down his chin. He had tears in his eyes and neither of them were saying anything. Finally, Mr. Panic (Glenn) opened his mouth and said, "Ummm, he's got a jelly bean up his nose and I don't know what to do". At this, Liam burst into sobs and pulled his hand away so that I could see the Jelly Belly sized bump on the side of his left nostril and a pinkish colored drip coming out. I whipped him up to the bed, and as he whizzed under my nose I smelled it - the smell that told me not only was my son silly enough to think a Jelly Belly looked like a nice nose adornment, but also that he had the good fortune of picking the WORST possible flavor - cinnamon! Have I gotten to the part where I tell you that Liam has a cold? No? Well, he does - his nose has been a little faucet for many days now and when his nose turns into a faucet, the tender section of skin between his nose and lips turns into a flaming red, peeling, "I've got 3rd degree sunburn" looking piece of raw flesh. Wonderful! Of course, I go into action - put one finger on the right nostril and tell Liam to blow as hard as he can. What do I get for that action? A large pink snot bubble! (which I'm sure Liam would have found quite hysterical if not for the fact that his nostril was on fire) I put my finger right above the bump and tried to get it to wiggle free - nope. I thought for sure it was going to be another trip to the ER with Liam over yet another silly thing. I finally put my finger beside the bridge of his nose and pushed down hard while running my finger down his nose - the little Jelly Belly came flying out like a rocket! Thank God!

2 questions here:

1) Why is it that the same child who was taken to the emergancy room last winter after deciding it was a good idea to lick the snow off the metal railing on our porch when the temperature was -20 and ended up with his lips, tongue and hand stuck to the rail and lost a little chunk of tongue, decided that it would be a good idea to shove a Jelly Belly up his nose?

AND

2) Why is it that I never think to yell, "GO GET THE CAMERA, THIS IS A PERFECT SCRAPPY MOMENT"?

Darn it!

Speaking of scrappy - here's a few of my most recent LO's. (Credits can be seen here)




1 comment:

Trying2BMe said...

Can't tell you what it is about placing foreign objects in the nose, but I can say I've done it. When I was 3 I found an old english pea (sweet pea) on the floor and stuck it up my nose. Mom tried everything to get it out but nothing was working. Just then, I had to sneeze. It shot across the room like a bullet and everyone died laughing at me.

Yep, and I stuck tweezers in an electrical outlet too... go figure :)