Monday, February 12, 2007

Surprise!

I've been wanting to change my little blog for a long time now, soooooo, today I did it! Don't you love my new look? I picked nice, springy colors in hopes that it will make some of the blasted snow outside my house melt away to oblivion! A girl has to have her dreams!

Thank you to everyone who left me messages and comments about my new kit. I would really love to see when you use some of my designs - so please email me at liacondesigns@gmail.com and point me in your direction! I'm working on another kit right now and thinking of "re-releasing" a couple of kits I gave away about a year ago...listen to me - re-releasing. LOL You'd think I had done this a million times! Actually, sharing my "designs" is a bit intimidating and causes me a bit of anxiety - I know I like what I do, but will anyone else. I guess that's all part of sharing a bit of yourself. I will say that designing elements and papers gives me a whole new respect for all the talented and wonderful designers out there - it's really putting a piece of yourself "out there" for praise *yay!* or ridicule *booo, hisss*.

I am very excited about tomorrow - we have signed Liam up for Tae Kwon Do - I'm hoping it will teach him discipline and self-respect and give him a whole new perspective on why it is not ok to use your hands for harm. I'm not sure if it's all going to work - they usually don't take kids until they are at least 4, but after going and meeting the Grand Master today, we decided to give him a couple of lessons to see if they instructors think he's ready and then, if they approve, we'll put him in on a trial basis for a month. I just think it's going to do wonderful things for him! He was very excited while we were there and he got to see what was happening. I always knew that people took marshal arts very seriously, but I guess I didn't "get it". They bow when they enter and leave the building and there is no loud talking or anything while in the building. The instructor here is quite well respected in the world of Tae Kwon Do, so I'm very hopeful that Liam will LOVE it!

Can you believe that enough time has passed that Glenn and I realized that we actually have to start deciding where we want to send Liam for school and get him on the waiting list? So many decisions! French Immersion or regular school. Convenient schooling (not such a hot school) or inconvenient (ok...so convenient for me - LOL). Do we want him to go to a more rural school or one here in the city. And, do we go and "interview" the school? Things have changed so much, even since I was teaching. This is such an important decision to make and I really don't want to screw this up - this will be his outlook on what school is - will he love it or hate it. It's very intimidating, actually. Anyway - we are going to go this week and look at a couple of schools and put his name on the waiting list and hope that he gets into the one we really want him to attend.

I still can't believe that my little boy will be in kindergarten in 1 1/2 years. He's almost 4!!! He actually holds big boy conversations now!!! I'm so sad! LOL

Well, that's all for today - Love and (((HUGS))) to everyone!

1 comment:

Trying2BMe said...

I love the new look and I'm hoping that those flowers inspire spring to come here too. I'm so tired of the cold and blah weather.

I can totally relate to the feel of losing our babies to school. I don't have the decisions you have to make, it's public school for Chris. I can't believe they've hit this age already... where did the time go?